Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vocation

We are friends with many "trust fund" babies. They never admit that they are. But it doesn't take long to figure it out. The business we are in is not lucrative. So when they take exotic vacations or buy flats outside a normal persons price range - ya just know.

Most of these friends are also childless (by choice). They seem to understand how hard it is to get a babysitter - but they see the baby sitter a the "help.". Keeping a good sitter is really hard - so you don't want to screw it up by staying out later than you estimated. It is hard to get these friends to understand that.

I have to admit that I am jealous of those folk with disposable income. I would love to travel. I would love to have the luxury of time to just ponder what I am going to work on next without the pressure to have something going on right this second.

When I get jealous I just look at the amazing creature that we made. I wouldn't trade being a mom for t he world.

No comments: