Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bravery

My daughter is trying so hard to sleep in her own bed. It is so hard. When she was born, the nurse said to me "you've got a cuddler... She is going to love being held'"
She wasn't kidding. My daughter has always been happiest in our arms "hold me" is her favorite phrase.
At 5 she can really use her words to express her feelings. She wants to fall asleep with me next to her - not across the room in a chair. I tell her - it will get easier. I tell her that she is brave.
And I think she is.
It hard to be alone in a dark room. She has a turtle tank in her room. Turtles are not quiet - the swimming and banging on the floating rocks plus the sound of the running water from the filter would drive me nut all night. But my kid can sleep through just about anything - its just getting to sleep that is the pain in the ass.

I know this is good for her. But it breaks my heart when she cries and just wants to be held.

No comments: