Thursday, September 02, 2010

Drawing

I have joined an adult drawing class. We meet once a week for two hours. It is one of those "anyone can draw" kind of classes - so no one can feel bad if they have never drawn before. I used to draw - well, copy really. Cartoon characters, etc. I really never drew anything from my own imagination. Nor have I been able to do a "quick sketch" of something.

My daughter wants me to draw for her all the time - especially at restaurants where you can draw on the paper tablecloth. So I would like to not make a total fool of myself - thus the class.

Unfortunately I have not been able to draw every day - just the two hours in class. Like going to the gym - if you don't work those muscles they just get flabby. Oh for a few more hours in the day.

I will post some pictures soon. When the class resumes in October we are tackling still life...

No comments: