Monday, September 06, 2010

art in my house

This is in the living room. It is signed - but who knows if Dali really signed it. It's a print given to me and my hubby by my sister and her ex-husband.

















My kid is terrified of "skeleton bones", and yet this does not bother her. She has even tried to draw it... not bad for a five year old. I think the skeleton bone fear came from a Disney movie... drat!








The husband gave me this. It's a giclee print. It was in my office at work, and now my office at home. I love it. I love this period of Picasso and I think Dora Maar is amazing.













In the rest of the house we have various actual paintings, prints and mixed media that we have acquired at benefit auctions for non-profit theatres. But, in my bedroom is a 3X4 painting of my wedding bouquet. An amazing artist named Dorothy Annette was doing "studies in white" and asked to borrow it (this was after I told her my mother had saved my bouquet and it had dried beautifully). When she lost her studio, she gave me the painting on loan, until she could find another studio. I enjoy it every day and awake to its beauty. (forgive the dim lit picture - the kid is asleep in my room - pain fumes in hers -see previous post - but the picture doesn't do the painting justice.)

No comments: