Monday, September 13, 2010

receipts

My daughter got the same preset from two friends. It happens all the time. So I took the duplicate gift to K-Mart. I knew they carried it because I had seen it there. They would not take it even for store credit. It was ridiculous. I needed to produce a receipt. I would not have been too upset, but my daughter was with me so she could pick out the "replacement."

So we went to Toys R US. Same thing. They refused to take it. I just wanted to exchange it for something else! So now my daughter is in tears becuase she had her heart set on a new toy. I bought her something she wanted - a Pillow Pet - and she was thrilled.

When did all this "receipt" business start? The Toys R Us manager told me that I needed to ask my friends for the receipt. I told him that was completely uncouth. He said, "You always get a gift receipt when you buys something here. They should have given it to you." He also suggested I get their Rewards (whatever they call it) Card number and they can look it up and see if indeed they had bought it there.

I don't know if they got it there. IT WAS A GIFT. Like I'm gonna call my friends and see... really..

So I will now be re-gifting this fantastic thing. And I will make sure to always give a gift receipt.

No comments: