Wednesday, April 30, 2008

home ownership

To the concept of home ownership,

Hi. You're a super cool concept. I mean really - instead of paying rent, you earn equity. You can paint, modify, alter your house (within state building codes) to your hearts desire. Its really cool. You can plant whatever you want in the garden. You can change carpet to hardwood (or vise-versa). It's great.

On the flip side: you can't call a landlord and make them deal with: water heaters dying, plumbing issues, leaks in roofs, or GIANT DEAD OAK TRESS FALLING INTO YOUR HOUSE FROM A NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE. No, you're on your own with that one.

I believe you and I are currently in a love/hate relationship. And that's okay. I can live with that.

Yours,
kiki

PS And I am really happy no one got hurt. But next time, please don't let me be in the shower...

4 comments:

Gina Marie said...

Oh no, you were in the shower? Horrendous.

Also, if the tree was dead/fell over on the neighbor's property side, shouldn't they have to pay to fix any damage?

Kiki said...

Let us hope.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I still vividly remember the time we walked into our first home to find it raining in the living room and I started to say, "Call the landlord" to Mark when I realized to owned the place. Yeah, that sucked.

So glad everyone was OK and that the neighbor will be a good person!