Wednesday, April 16, 2008

introductions

Dear people I've not met,

Hi. Thanks for being cool when I just walk up and introduce myself to you. I'm not a shy person. But, it is great when you stay and actually talk to me.

Now a word of advise to a certain group of writers from last night. When someone you don't know walks up to you at an event to compliment your work - don't blow them off. They might be someone who can give you a job. That's why you had a reception. That's why they wanted you to talk to people. It's a sad sad sad time - there are so many more hurdles to jump through and it sucks that we have to do it... Embrace the irony of the situation. Hell write about it. But stop complaining that you work isn't getting done - how can it if you aren't your own cheerleader.



Kiki

No comments: