Monday, March 16, 2009

Opening the Vault

I am teaching a class on Disney. Thus I have aquired numerous films to show in the class. The professor that orginiated the class lent me many. But I was shocked to see how many I had and then this weekend at my sisters - how many MORE they had.

Okay - so I own:

Every Pixar (save the sequls to To Story): Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Wall-E, A Bugs Life, CArs, incredibles, Ratatouille
then:
Pinocchio
Little Mermaid
Jungle Book
Rescuers
Rescuers down under
Artisocats
Mary Poppins
Mulan
Tinkerbell
Meet the Robinsons
The Lion King (VHS)
Fantasia (VHS - now broken)
Alladin (VHS)

from the other prof I borrowed:
Silly Symphonies
Snow White
Alice in Wonderland
Davy Crockett
Bambi
Dumbo
treasure Island
Fasntasia
Fantastia 2000

from my big sister:
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty (taken from the bed-room of my 17 year old niece)

from my little sister:
Littel Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
Beauty and the Beast
Disney treasures: American Heros
Hercules
Peter Pan
20000 Leagues under the sea
The Black Cauldron
Teh Sword and the Stone
101 Dalmations
Pocahontas

Please note that my sisters DID have 80% of the same movies I do... plus they had many more films that I didn't borrow because I am not going to do them in my class - like Pirates,the 'Sing-Alongs" etc...

What does this mean?

And yes - the little child of mine saw the stacks of movies... Thank goodness she has school today and I have hidden them all... Although I did promise she could watch Cinderella....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary- If you were down here I could have given you all of those plus more of the Treasury DVDs (which are great by the way) all in one fell swoop~ Plus all the live action ones~ and Lion King 1 1/2 (which is actually pretty funny...)

I am going to recommend you get Enchanted... I actually think you would like it... and it is a good amalgamation of Disney genres..

I am a geek...

xoxo~
Mel

Kiki said...

Which Treasury ones do you have? The vault is closed on some of them. I just ordered "rarities" and "oswald"

Lion King 1 1/2 is Rosencrantz & Guilensterin Are Dead.. right? I have it in the Netflix Queue.

Enchanted is sitting on my stack (thanks Netflix). I have one more "Princess movie" to watch - Pocahontus and then I am putting that bad boy in...

Sophia LOVES Sleeping Beauty. Wasn't all that keen on Cinderella (although the cat made her laugh). I think she just likes the villians and Malificent is much more powerful than Cinderella's Step-mom.

-Ki

Anonymous said...

lol- that is funny~ Sleeping Beauty is one of Bella's faves too~ She would sing that song- literally- all day long.. one long repeat cycle...

As for the Treasuries we have:
both black and white mickey sets
the color sets
pluto
goofy
the silly sympthonies
davy crockett
mickey mouse club
and a few others about Disney and Disneyland..

see- geek.