Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Credit Card nightmares

So, I have been getting these automated calls on my account. The account that I PAID OFF IN FULL last December. I have been checking my on-line banking every month because I don't know when the service fees are due and I detest late payments.

So, I call them and talk to this guy. He says, Oh yes, I'll stop the calls, but you have $15 in late fees. WHHAA? Replies I.

45 minutes later it is resolved.

Sometime in December, an establishment that I used my card was hacked - thus compromising all the cards. The Credit Card company cancelled my account and issued me a new card. And they didn't tell me.

Last week I received a new card in the mail. I called, and they told me what had happened. Okay. I'll destroy the old card.

Then the calls started.

So what is this late fee? Well, it appears that on Dec 19th (two days after I paid off my card) Amazon (yes, Amazon) charged my card for the Amazon Prime ( the 2 day shipping thing) and never sent me a notice saying they were going to do so -- nor did they charge it to my default (aka ATM) card. Nice.

So once they told me what the fee was, of course I said I would pay it. But as for the late fees, and all the other BS - the Credit Card company needed to take care of that. The credit card company did not tell me on line, or thru an e-mail or thru anything other than mailing me a new card, that anything was wrong with my account AND my statements have all shown a zero balance since Dec. 17.

I talked to 6 different people - and apologized ahead of time that I was quite testy. Supervisors have their jobs for a reado - always talk to them.

The moral of the story. Cut up credit cards. And never sign up for a "yearly" thing.

1 comment:

Gina Marie said...

Guhh. Don't you love bureaucracy?