Tuesday, March 04, 2008

syncronisity

I was sitting in a little cafe having a pannini and the guy at the counter next to me answers his phone. He speaks in a language I can't identify... but certain words pop out:
FRANKENSTEIN...
MARY SHELLY...
SCIENTIST...
HUMAN NATURE
interesting because the husband and I have been discussing the Frankenstein play I wrote and I'm working on another script with a Mary Shelley-like character.

I leave the cafe, am 30 minutes early for my meeting - so I go into BCBG (and laugh at the prices) and Anne Taylor (and laugh at the small selection)

I go to my meeting. Goes well.

I leave the meeting and call the husband. We have a great chat as I walk to the subway. We hang up. I walk to the train and a street musician is playing our song. I toss him a couple bucks. he smiles and keeps playing. I smile too - thinking about that man I love on the other side of the country and the beautiful little girl keeping him company...

and on a more ridiculous note. Three times today i have walked a block in the wrong direction. In high heal boots.

No comments: