Wednesday, April 22, 2009

where the heck is my brain?

I have been very very lazy about writing.

My brain has been at worK;
The class I am teaching has kicked my ass. In the analysis of my stress, I realize that i have been treating every lecture like a performance. Uh, not a good idea. I am a good lecturer. I just need to get over my damn self. I am also trying to pack WAY to much info into a lower division course. I need to take a frickin' chill pill...

But something interesting happened during the lecture yesterday. i was trying to point out what FANTASIA (yes the Disney film) is important. It is innovative. I found myself realizing that I want to blend new forms in my work and that Disney also faced an uphill battle with the press about accepting new conventions...

My brain has been in my uterus:
Why am I not getting preggers? I had a very expensive consult with a doctor in NY and now I have this overwhelming list of tests that need to be performed... I remember the days when I was so paranoid I'd get knocked up...
If we can get down to the root of the problem - I will be happy. Unexplained infertility is NOT an answer. So off I go to get proded...

My brain has been with my daughter:
Pure joy. Now if I can just get her away from the tv...

No comments: