Friday, July 11, 2008

refried beans

When I was a single gal - I would sometimes for dinner have chips, refried beans, salsa and sour cream. Now the beans we cooked with a lot of cheese. Oh and I always used (and still use) Rosarita's Vegetarian Refried Beans.

Tonight the kid and I met the husband on his dinner break and went to our favorite Mexican joint. Mexican food (good mexican food) is hard to find in this city. Since we lived near he border for so long - I have very strong feelings about which restaurants we can go to. So I was pleased when we discovered the little hole in the wall.
I had some enchiladas - yummy. Beans on the side. They were so good - and yes - I know they use lard. But once in a while ya just gotta a go for it... and man oh man was it tasty.

I've started making chicken fajitas at home. We've found some pretty yummy whole wheat tortillas. Nothing beats a hand made corn tortilla though... but when you're trying to be healthy (which occasionally we do) - its better to have the whole grains in the house. With the fajitas - refried beans, sour cream, salsa and avocado...

No comments: