Wednesday, June 21, 2006

PC Police

Okay - I thought the whole "PC" craze was over -- but obviously NOT! I was talking with a group of moms and mentioned that my daughter was babysat by some friends in their "lesbian love den." I was immediately pounced upon that I was not being PC. WHAT! First of all, those were my friends words, not mine. Second of all - it was said with a great deal of affection. Most of my friends are gay, and I have never had to watch what I say in front of them. But these hyper-sensitive heterosexuals made me feel awful.

So I chatted with another mom after everyone had left. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked her. She explained, that there are certain people in this VERY liberal area in which we live, that just don't understand or know gay folks - and thus are terrified themselves that they will say something offensive and be considered homophobic.

Great, so now I am being judged because these people are narrow minded. I have to say - it really made me feel like crap. These women are part of a Moms group that I hooked up with so my daughter could play with other kids. I guess I am just going to have to limit my conversation to poopy diapers and the weather.

I think they all need to watch some Carlos Mencia.

No comments: