Tuesday, January 05, 2010

taking ones own advise

I am doing an exercise that I assign my students on the first day of class. It is a list of 28 questions. I got the list from one of my favorite artists when I trained with her company. I haven't done the list myself in about 5 years and I gotta tell ya, it is frickin hard. The point is to open yourself up to the what is important to you NOW in this moment in time. They are silly questions but quite illuminating. I am stuck on many of them. I thought it would take me a half hour - but it is now up to 90 minutes to answer the questions...
hopefully this will focus me...

too many ideas swirling about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you be willing to share the questions?

Kiki said...

I got the list from the SITI company when I trained with them. I like the list becuase it helps you to think about what is important to you - which will help you figure out what to write about...


28 questions (from SITI company training)

1. Three things you love about theatre.
2. Three things you hate about theatre.
3. Three specific things you are sick of seeing/doing on stage.
4. Three specific things you have always wanted to see or do on stage.
5. What are the three biggest problems in theatre today?
6. What are the three biggest problems in the US today?
7. What are the three biggest problems in the world today?
8. What makes you laugh?
9. What makes you cry?
10. What makes you angry?
11. What turns you on?
12. Imagine you are a question mark. What is the question?
13. If you could ask three questions what would they be?
14. If I were not a _____ I would be a _______.
15. When I grow up I will be __________.
16. List five things you eventually bring up f the conversation goes on long enough.
17. List five things you wish people would ask you more about.
18. List five things you are sick of talking about.
19. List five people you would invite to am imaginary amazing cocktail party.
20. List five colors in order of appearance.
21. List five flavors that give you pleasure to taste.
22. List five scents that give you pleasure to smell.
23. List five textures that give you pleasure to touch.
24. List five sounds that give you pleasure to hear.
25. List five things that give you pleasure to look at.
26. List five stories that give you pleasure or that are meaningful to you.
27. List five things you are sure of.
28. List five things you are not sure of.

Anonymous said...

thank you very much! Several of these questions look quite like depth charges!