Thursday, July 02, 2009

librarys

Just spent an hour with a friend looking at her library. Amazing collections of books that need to be organized. Fun.

So why do we organize our books? why are certain titles okay for the livign room and others relegated to the bedroom?

I have fiction in the living room. Older books under glass. Non-fiction is all in my home office. I will admit that the home office library is very anal. I have a theatre section, a film section, a feminist section, history, religion, philosphy and science.
I have books based on certain research projects huddled together. It makes sense to me...

I have started organizing my daughter's library. She's four. Every three days or so, I put everything back. That way she (and I) can find what we're looking for.

Maybe I have just found a good outlet for my OCD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

books want to be organized, it is their natural state.

I keep self-help in the bedroom because I write in them and don't want a guest to pick one up and see what I was thinking.

you are a brave and cool lady and I admire your handling of your recent hardships.