Wednesday, August 30, 2006

e-mail

A friend of mine told me that her husband reads her e-mail. ALL OF IT. EVERYDAY. I was shocked. I guess his rational is that "what have you got to hide". Although, she doesn't have access to HIS e-mail account. HMMM... Now, I have known couples that "share" an e-mail address - that has always driven me a bit bonkers... but WHATEVER... in those cases I always knew either one could read the e-mail. But, in the case of my friend - I had no idea he had access. Not that I ever said anything bad -- but do I really want him to know when I am on my cycle? or how my breast are doing with the whole breast-feeding thing? No, I don't. So, now I have to remember that there is another set of eyes on the e-mail. It just makes it weird.

My husband could read my e-mail any time - and I his. But we don't. It's private. I think it should be. I'd never open his mail. So why would I open his e-mail.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Yeah, I never understood the whole shared email thing, but this is just odd. Souds like a trust issue to me, or at least that's how I'd feel in her place.