Sunday, December 30, 2007

what's by your toilet?

My sister got me Steven Colbert's book for my birthday. When I showed it to my husband - I said "Yippee new bathroom reading"
He said "Good we can take AMERICA out of there now"

I realized that bathroom reading is important.

Currently in our bathroom:
Steven Colbert's Book I AM AMERICA
1001 PLACES YOU SHOULD SEE BEFORE YOU DIE
1001 PLACES TO SEE US & CANADA
A copy of National Geographic
A Williams Sonoma Catalog
An issue of REAL SIMPLE from October that I haven't read yet...
And various other catalogs from which we will NEVER order.

In our "gust bathroom"
A different copy of National Geographic
AMERICA
EINSTEIN'S DREAMS

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
A CALVIN AND HOBBES book
Some random cigar magazines (the husband's)


I realize that since we moved to this house I started a bizarre magazine ritual. When I get a National Geographic - I put the new one in the living room - the living room one goes to our bathroom - that one goes to the guest bathroom - and that one goes into storage... hmmm what does that say about me?

1 comment:

wineprincess said...

Our current bathroom reading is Options by the Fake Steve Jobs and it is hilarious! Satire is one of my favorites- why not mix it with my favorite CEO and my favorite company?

As for your bathroom reading, the Real Simple situation is interesting.... A magazine (by nature recurring and relentless) dedicated to simplification seems like a faulty premise, though I confess I've read a few of them myself. The allure is too strong for a quick fix to reduce the hecticness in our lives.