Monday, September 10, 2007

interesting folks

So I went with my hubby to an opening at the opera - which consisted of a very fancy dinner, a couple song (one from Carmen) by the Baritone, and a bar (yippe for dirty martinis). And YES we did get a baby sitter. We wont go into the cost of that - let's just say I was happy dinner was free because my hubby worked on the show.

I sat next to this fascinating woman at dinner. She used to be a lawyer. She gave it up to be home with her sons. Her 8 year old (the other is now 10) was diagnosed with autism when he was quite young. And so, she has her hands full. She also just had a baby girl (a couple months younger than mine) with the same name as my daughter.

She started a nightgown business - because she wanted to see if she could do it. It hasn't broke even yet. I would put up the link to it, but you can't order on line yet... so I will when she adds that function. They're nightgowns in boutiques.

Anyway - I thought - WOW with all you have to deal with, you started this business. That is cool.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Those people never fail to amaze me. I feel lucky if my kids leave the house with a matching set of shoes on their feet and those other moms are taking the world by storm! Wow.