Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And its gets scarier

So, I told my husband about my conversation with the DOVE Foundation today. We did more research and let me tell you - it just gets creepier - and we're getting more pissed off. They are dangerous extremists.

We discovered that perhaps I wasn't talking to a human being at all - rather a sophisticated recording that listens for "key words" -- this would explain why she continued to talk over me.

We discovered that the paid Board Chairman of this non profit (who makes over $55K)is a right wing Christian. We found a couple freaky quotes from this man - telling Christians who say "if you are against abortion, don't have one" that they are weak and Jesus would have taken a stand. And there are more of these zealous and dangerous right wing soundbites. Next time I'm telling them I'm a witch.

We discovered that even though Dove is a non-profit, that the end of their survey call is a sales pitch for a for-profit company that sells edited videos.

We discovered that the Dove Foundation did not meet with four of the "Standards of Charity Accounting" -- a big one being that their Board chair is paid.

We discovered that several states have restraining orders against DOVE due to the above mentioned video sales.

We discovered that in their reviews "alcohol" is considered a drug and that even the hit of pre-marital sex is enough to get a the "non recommended" rating.

If we find out anything else, we'll let you know.

A lot of people on line are saying that they get multiple calls. Will report if I get pestered again... Maybe I'll play along next time...

1 comment:

Kiki said...

there is nothing more annoying than people who think it is okay to put an AD on someone's blog. ARG.